Dental Anxiety: Relax and We Have Solutions in San Antonio, TX!
It’s not uncommon for patients to dislike their trips to the dentist, but if you’re the kind of person who is actually anxious or frightened by the idea of dental care, the fear might stop you from getting care at all! For people suffering from dental anxiety, the very idea of scheduling an appointment can be debilitating. Our San Antonio, TX dentist at Advanced Dental Associates know what that feels like, and we have built our practice around care and compassion for patients like you!
The Dental Fear Jungle: Finding Your Way Back to CareDiana on overcoming dental anxiety
Dental fear can compound on itself until you’re hesitant to seek care for any number of reasons.
- What if the dentist scolds me for not being seen regularly?
- Will the staff judge me?
- My first appointment is definitely going to hurt!
- This problem is really minor, and besides, I don’t have the money for dental care!
No matter what your fear is telling you, all it’s doing is getting you further and further from care! When you’re scared, it can be incredibly hard to find your way out of the jungle, but we want to help you get back on the road to great, healthy teeth!
We’ll never shame, embarrass, or scold you for going without care – we’re just glad to have you back!
Dental Anxiety Solutions
Aside from having a staff dedicated to quality, compassionate dental care, we offer a variety of comfortable items and arrangements to help manage your fears.
For some patients, it can be as easy as getting comfortable in the chair. In that case, we are glad to offer a neck pillow and a blanket. We know it can get cold in an office, and we want to ensure your comfort!
For patients worried about hearing the sounds or seeing the sights of dental care, there’s no need to worry. Each of our operatory rooms is private and individual. Your medical care, which includes your dentistry, should be a private experience, and we’re glad to make that happen!
We also understand that many patients just need time to relax once they’re in the office. If that sounds like you, you’ll love our longer appointments. You can have a seat in the lobby or operatory, and we’ll start when you are ready!
For some patients, comfort items and our great staff might be wonderful, but the fear is still there. In that case, our San Antonio, TX dentist is happy to offer you several sedation options. You can be absolutely sure you’ll relax!
- Nitrous Oxide is ideal for patients who just want to take the edge off a short procedure. You’ll feel relaxed, but you’ll still be conscious throughout your time in our dental chair. It’s quick to take effect and easy to shake off, making it a great choice!
- Oral Conscious Sedation is a pill that we prescribe prior to your appointment. You take it prior to coming in, and by the time you sit down, you’ll be incredibly relaxed! Even better, oral sedation has a mild amnesic effect, meaning that you might not remember the procedure at all. Due to the strength of oral sedation, we’ll require you to bring a friend who can give you a ride home.
- IV Sedation is our highest level available. With IV sedation, you’ll still be conscious, but you probably won’t remember your procedure at all. Called a “twilight state,” IV sedation will leave you responsive but very sedated. We like to call it “dental care while you sleep!”
No matter what kind of dental anxiety relief you need, we understand and are ready to help! Don’t stay lost in the dental fear jungle – reach out and call our San Antonio, TX dentist office today at 210-819-5233! You can also make an appointment using our online form. We look forward to being your guides on the road to a healthy smile!