Full Mouth Reconstruction in San Antonio, TX: Chew, Eat, and Smile With Confidence!
When damage to your teeth leaves you with little ability to eat your favorite foods or smile with confidence, life can become difficult. Perhaps you avoid social situations due to embarrassment, or maybe you’re constantly trying to hide the fact that you are missing teeth. You could have the sunken look that comes with lost teeth and shrinking jaw bones, but you don’t have to give up here! Your trusted San Antonio, TX dentist at Advanced Dental Associates has an amazing amount of options available for a full mouth reconstruction! You’ll be back to eating with ease in no time!
What is a Full Mouth Reconstruction?Dr. Long on full mouth reconstruction
Much like a smile makeover, a full mouth reconstruction is a series of procedures designed to completely rehabilitate your mouth. If you are missing a large number of teeth or your existing teeth are damaged, a full mouth reconstruction is an ideal treatment for you.
In order to determine if you are an ideal candidate for a full mouth reconstruction, we’ll have to see you at our San Antonio, TX dentist office for a full exam of your oral health. While you may have lost teeth due to decay, trauma, or gum disease in the past, you’ll need to be healthy now in order to get the best results!
An examination will include checking the health of any remaining teeth, X-rays to determine bone density, size, and strength, and impressions to help us build a model for your treatment. A full mouth rehabilitation isn’t an instant process, so once we’ve determined that you’re a good candidate for treatment, you’ll sit down with your San Antonio, TX dentist to discuss your plan.
What Kinds of Treatments Can I Expect?
Every full mouth reconstruction is custom tailored to our patient’s needs, so it’s difficult to say what procedures will be included in yours. In general, you can expect a full mouth reconstruction to include any of the following:
- Dental implants, which help maintain bone density, size, and strength, while also creating lifelike and permanent dental restorations.
- All-On-4® Implants can give you a full set of permanent replacement teeth that work just like the real thing – no one will ever know the difference! This is a great option for patients missing most or all of their teeth.
- Dentures, both traditional and implant-supported, full and partial sets are often part of the process, depending on what your goals for treatment are.
- Oral Surgery procedures such as bone augmentation and vestibuloplasty can restore the areas of your mouth needed to safely place implants or help secure dentures. Crown lengthening can restore teeth worn down due to age or damage and is a great option for restoring teeth that are otherwise healthy.
- Extraction of remaining teeth that may be unhealthy. In the case of patients with few remaining healthy teeth, extraction may also be preferred if implants or dentures are the desired course of treatment.
It may sound like full mouth reconstruction steps are a painful and long term commitment, but don’t think of it that way! Instead, consider a full mouth restoration as an investment in a healthy, happy life. At the end of treatment, you’ll be surprised at how great you look and feel, and you’ll have a burst of confidence and happiness that you would never have thought was possible!
To find out more about your options for full mouth reconstruction, call our San Antonio, TX office today at 210-819-5233! You can also ask questions or request an appointment using our online form. We look forward to restoring your smile with you!