Urgent Care During Dental Emergencies in San Antonio, TX!Dr. Edwards on Emergency Visits - Advanced Dental Associates Read Transcript
One of the great things about our office is that we have a lot of patients who just walk in the door who have an emergency. You will be a priority, we will take care of you and we will get you out of pain. We see same day dental emergencies. Our goal is to get you in and get your treatment done. Just call Dr. Edwards, Dr. Malitz, Dr.Garcia and Dr. Long. We know that everybody has busy, busy lives and they are taking time out from their work schedule to come in and see us. So we do our utmost to try and take care of patients that same day.
Just like any other life emergency, dental emergencies can be terrifying, stressful, and panic-filled. At Advanced Dental Associates, we are here for you whenever emergencies strike! You can always reach us during business hours at 210-819-5233 – don’t hesitate to call!
We see emergency patients same day!
In addition to being available same day, all patients who have had a procedure done at Advanced Dental Associates will have their dentist’s personal cell phone number. If you can’t reach us, you can always try your dentist directly!
If you are having an emergency, here are some steps you can take between reaching our office and your emergency appointment. It’s always good to make sure you’re taking the correct immediate steps!
I’ve Broken a Tooth!
- Try to find all of the pieces from your tooth and save them.
- Treat the area with gauze and apply pressure to help stop the bleeding.
- Use a cold pack to reduce swelling and relieve pain.
- Take an over the counter pain reliever to reduce the pain.
- If there are sharp points on the broken tooth, you can cover it with wax or gauze to prevent any cuts to the cheeks or tongue.
- Call our San Antonio, TX dentist office immediately at 210-819-5233!
I’ve Lost a Tooth!
If you have had a tooth come completely out, it can still be saved! Don’t panic, and take these steps to help relieve the pain and save your tooth.
- Only hold the tooth by the crown, don’t touch the roots!
- Do not remove any attached tissue.
- Rinse the tooth under running water to remove any dirt or debris.
- Place the tooth in a cup of milk to protect it. If you don’t have any milk, you can also put it inside your cheek.
- Apply gauze to the area and use pressure to help stop bleeding.
- You can use a cold pack to help reduce swelling.
- Over the counter pain relievers may help reduce pain.
- Call our San Antonio, TX dentist office right away at 210-819-5233!
My Crown/Bridge/Filling/Veneer/etc. Has Come Loose/Out!
It can be frightening when a dental restoration or cosmetic appliance comes out, but we can help!
- Save the appliance! Try to protect it in a cup, envelope, or something else clean and safe.
- In the case of some appliances, the area might be sensitive. Clove oil is an excellent analgesic and can be applied with a cotton swab. You can also use any other topical numbing agent to reduce sensitivity and pain.
- Temporary dental cement or adhesive can be used to replace the appliance. Never use super glue or a non-dental approved adhesive!
- Call our San Antonio, TX dentist office at 210-819-5233!
I’m In Pain!
If you are having a severe toothache or other oral pain, our San Antonio, TX dentist can help diagnose and treat the issue as quickly as possible!
- Take a pain reliever to ease your discomfort.
- A cold pack can help reduce swelling and inflammation.
In case of dental emergencies, call our San Antonio, TX dentist office right away at 210-819-5233!